25 reasons Suffolk is the best place to spend Christmas
PUBLISHED: 11:44 14 November 2017 | UPDATED: 11:44 14 November 2017
Christmas is a wonderful time to spend with loved ones and there’s no better place to do that than Suffolk, with its outstanding natural beauty, charming villages and festive foodie delights
1. Nothing beats a cosy pub when the cold weather sets in. Sitting beside a log fire with a nice pint is the perfect way to relax in the evenings.
2. You can blow away some cobwebs with a winter walk, Suffolk has lots of beautiful routes to choose from, like Framlingham…
3. Or Snape to Walden.
4. There’s plenty of wildlife to be seen…
5. But if you’re looking for reindeer, you’ll have to go to Redhouse Christmas Barn.
6. Pick up some unique Christmas gifts Christmas at some of Suffolk’s amazing Christmas Markets over the festive period.
7. And the High Street shopping is second to none.
8. Getting the tree doesn’t have to be a chore, take the family along and make a day of it – we have so many places to choose from!
9. The Suffolk Food Hall is the ideal place to get the ingredients for Christmas dinner
10. Or one of the other many incredible farm shops in our county.
11. You’ll want to use one of our local Butchers for your Christmas Day Turkey though.
12. You can spend a relaxing day exploring some quaint villageseven prettier under a blanket of glimmering frost
13. Or visiting the awe inspiring Cathedrals and Stately Homes.
14. And perhaps treat yourself to afternoon tea.
15. For something a little more lively head into one of our delightful towns.
16. …and maybe admire the spectacular Christmas lights…
17. …whilst sipping a cup of delicious coffee and tucking into a mince pie from the local independent cafes.
18. Spoil the kids and catch a Christmas pantomime.
19. Or just embarrass them with some festive carol singing.
20. Speaking of spoiling the kids, a trip to the Suffolk Ski Centre will probably make their Christmas.
21. The point is, Christmas is the perfect excuse to get outside and spend time with the family.
22. To take in the beautiful sights…
23. And enjoy the festive cheer.
24. Suffolk loves Christmas.
25. And we know you’ll love it here too!
Check out our other Christmas content!