- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Squash
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
1 x squash (approx 900g), peeled and deseeded
3 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 Lt vegetable or chicken stock
1 x 150g packet Boursin black pepper
tortilla chips and Gruyere cheese, to serve
Prep: 30 mins plus rising
Cook: 30 mins
This warming soup is easy to make, perfect for the winter months...
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan190C/Gas 6. Cut the squash into even sized chunks and place in a large roasting tin with the olive oil, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Stir to coat and roast for 35 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
2. Remove the squash from the oven and place in a saucepan with any pan juices and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Using a food processor or blender blend the squash in batches, if necessary, until smooth. Add the Boursin black pepper and blend until smooth.
3. Return the soup to a saucepan and reheat. Spoon into bowls and scatter over tortilla chips and grated cheese.
Calories per portion: 410
Cost per portion: £1.37