Bacon, Sausage & Prune Rolls With Fig & Nut Dip Recipe
Fri Nov 23 11:13:07 GMT 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Pork
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
15 slices flavoured streaky bacon of your choice
12 organic chipolatas
18 pitted prunes
1 x 150g packet Boursin fig & nut
100ml soured cream
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
fresh sprigs of thyme, to garnish
Serves: 4 – 6
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
These tasty canapÃ©s work brilliantly as a pre-Christmas dinner appetiser...
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan190C/Gas 6. Cut 6 rashers of the bacon in half lengthways and use to wrap around a chipolata securing with a long bamboo stick. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
2. Cut open the prunes and open out. Divide half the Boursin fig & nut between the prunes and roll up to enclose filling. Cut the remaining bacon in half (lengthways and widthways) and use 2 strips to wrap round each prune. Secure with a cocktail stick and place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the chipolatas for 10 minutes. Then add the prunes and bake for a further 10 minutes, until bacon is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix together the remaining Boursin Fig & Nut, soured cream, lemon juice and parsley. Season well. Spoon into a serving bowl and garnish with sprigs of fresh thyme. Arrange chipolatas and prunes on a warm serving plate and serve with the dip.
Calories per portion: 650
Cost per portion: £2.50